Anyone that knows me knows that the first day of September is the day I look forward to all year long. The opportunity to change over a new leaf and reset. I'm running to target to get all the new fall decor & putting up my old decor to start the season right.
Fall is my all time favorite time of the year. To me it represents dying to the old and refocusing priorities. However, this year has been VERY different from the rest to say the least. 2020 has been the year of hardship, realization, heartache & pain. But it's time to refocus, reenergize, reprioritize. It's time to focus on what 2020 has taught us and how we can move forward from here. It's a new month. It's a new start, it's a new opportunity to change the narrative.
Here's what I'm doing to refocus and focus on the positive / pivoting my perception and attitudes.
1. Habit Tracker - I wrote down the habits I want to get into and created a habit tracker - this can be anything that you feel will bring value to your life and help you pivot/refocus your energy on positive things! Here's what's on my habit tracker this month:
- Exercise/be active for 30 minutes a day (even just walking 30 minutes counts)
- Do 1 thing a day with devotionals/spiritual development
- Clean for 20 minutes a day
- Do 1 loving thing a day for Michael
- Stretch/meditate for 10-20 min a day
- Write out 3 things I'm grateful for
2. Making a schedule for myself - as we are still working from home I find that if I write out a schedule for myself and stick to it as closely as I am able I get more done in the day. For September it is especially important to stay on track to get ready for the Holiday season in retail.
3. Writing out goals: for this month & the remainder of the year I wrote out for myself personally & for the business- there's no direction without a goal.
4. Stop and smell the roses - I want to take a second to do something every day to appreciate the little things in life, lately it's been lighting a candle and reading a book.
5. Embrace Fall: I am trying to embrace the theme of dying to the old and inviting in the new. Everything happens for a reason. I know from experience that God always has a plan and it's important to embrace the here and now. Dying to my old ways of thinking, bad habits, & negativity is the goal. I am welcoming in the new experiences, thought processes and help from others that I might not usually accept. That's what this season is all about.
Fall is a great opportunity to turn your year around. And I'm here to help you out if you need some inspiration!