In these unprecedented times, remember that it is OKAY to not be okay.
I saw a post the other day about keeping up the good fight. It reminded me to breathe. Reminded me that we are only human, we have a capacity and if we don't recognize it then we will burn out. So I wanted to remind you of that too.
A little self love goes a long way. To remind yourself that you are doing your best, that you are okay right where you are even if you don't feel okay, helps you have a feeling of peace.
I'll keep it simple. Here are my top 5 recommendations for allowing yourself to be where you are and allowing yourself to take care of yourself, even in the midst of the chaos. Links are for my go to products you might enjoy.
1. Disconnect - turn off instagram, facebook, twitter, tiktok, etc for just one day. Allow yourself to be present and breathe, not being concerned with everything out in the world for a day.
2. Read - whether it's self help, a fun silly novel, or about something you love to do or want to learn about. Reading really helps put me in a better mood and get away from the screens. See my reading list here. I suggest getting the physical book, there's just something about turning pages that releases good feelings!
3. Pour some rosé and take a bath - when I am overly stressed I will get my epsom salts, bubble bath and a glass of rosé and take a bath. With a good book or show to watch, it truly takes the stress away and helps recenter.
4. Order your favorite takeout - this seems silly, but it really does help lift the mood. When I want to relax and not think about dinner I'll order from my favorite Mediterranean, pizza, Mexican or health food place depending on my mood, turn on a movie and just enjoy being home. Luckily some restaurants are allowing take out margaritas/cocktails, which is right up my ally!
5. Download the calm app - suffering from anxiety during quarantine is normal, however I've had anxiety for the past five years and quarantine has only intensified it. Thankfully this has helped me a ton. I was always against it because I didn't think it would work, but it has changed how I sleep, breathe and think - all in positive ways. I highly suggest it. Here's a link.
Remember, even if you don't take any off these suggestions, you are amazing. Keep up the good work babes.